• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Badminston GP (1 Viewer)

Sightings 16/5

Only 1 Mediterranean Gull present this morning - a first summer bird. The Raven pair were there again and the Gadwall pair still present. There was a mixed flock of Swallows and House Martins (c. 40 and 30 respectively) but unusually no Sand Martins.

Sightings 11/7/9

There were c.200 Med Gulls, inc 7 juveniles, on the north pit around 11:30. I managed to read 11 colour-rings - 6 Belgian, 2 German, 2 Hungarian and 1 Polish. There was a Greenshank on the main pit.

Meds 25/07

The Med Gulls were mostly in the pig fields east of the piy when I arrived. Counted 39 but there was a big area screened by piggeries. At c.4.45pm a mass of gulls descended onto the north pit. I counted 9 juvs, then noted a CR bird and when I looked back they were all high up in the air and heading off in the Lepe direction. Went to Lepe and the tide was still high so game over!

Sightings 26/7

There were 35 Med Gull juveniles at 1pm. The most meds I managed to count at any one time was 80 but the birds were coming in for wash and brushup and then flying out again so there were probably several hundred. 12 CR birds of which I managed to read 11. The other - hungarian ringed bird - jumped back inmto the water before I could get all the letters.

A Little Ringed Plover was present pm.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back