• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Are the Trinovid Classic worthy? (1 Viewer)

Read the forum....you will find a lot of information on these and then, up to you to decide. For me...the 7x35's are well worth it but really...do a quick search and read for there are entire threads on these...

These models are called "Retrovid" here, so that's a good search term. Read this current thread for example:

Thank you all. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

After having read the entire thread posted above by tenex...

I think that any aficionado who's looking for a REAL COMPACT SIZE bin (e.g. Retrovid 7x35), should skip large x32's (Victory SF, EL SV, etc), as they happen to be almost as bulky as many other x40's or even x42's. And in such case, excuse me but I fully prefer, being similarly sized, a x40 or x42 rather than a x32.

In this scenario, I'd bet that the Retrovid 7x35 are amongst the best COMPACT bins ever produced. Certainly with some drawbacks (nothing and no one is perfect), but good enough to be considered.

I've never tried them though.

Last edited:
The 7x35โ€™s are fantastic binsโ€ฆ quality, ergonomics, feel, optics. And yes the size. Why get a 32x that equals what I consider to be a full sized bin?

The SFL? Perhapsโ€ฆ wait and see. My concern is that it is โ€˜too smallโ€™โ€ฆ crazy man

Just had a sudden delirious urge to post about how good the Retrovid 7x35 actually is.
I've commented in a couple of threads recently about my doubts regarding their place in the alpha scheme of things. Well I take it all back, I'm officially in awe.
They are easy to put off without trying as not being Alpha.... but once you try them, ...wow...I agree. Enjoy the pair. These are my main pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back