• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

April (2 Viewers)

AJOS

Hi,

I am visiting Singapore for the last two weeks in April. Have all the migrants left by this time? Two other queries - where is a good location for Asian Palm Swift.

I have been to Singapore a few times - what is the best way to distinguish House Swift and Swiftlets if seen from below - i.e. white rump on House Swift not visible - should the white throat still be noticeable, is the difference in tail obvious or is there any other birding techniques.

Thanks,
AJ

Hi everyone!

I'm also due to spend a few days in Singapore soon. Are there any birding sites worth a visit while I'm there? Same questions as above!

Thanks in advance

Ooooh - shall we have a meet up? I am off there the last week in April and the first week in May!

Yes, great. I am in SIN now, until Sunday. It is pouring with rain!!!!!! I'm staying at the Peninsular Hotel with colleagues. I have some work commitments but otherwise I'm free.

Just back from Botanical Gardens and it was SO quiet!!! I'm planning on revisiting tomorrow so can anyone tell me the best places within the gardens so that I don't waste another afternoon. Thanks a lot

Just seen the best that I can hope for today. Outside my hotel window I can see a White-bellied Sea Eagle on the aerials on the office block opposite me. Not a rarity but a nice and attractive raptor at least!

Sounds good! At least you are there. I have concerns that our flight will be cancelled.

In the end my work has taken me from Singapore to Clark in the Philippines. Actually so far I've seen much more than I did in Singapore. Nothing rare of unusual but some things akin to my heart, such as shrikes (LT and Brown), KF (Collared), etc. Some different Mynahs too. It is so dry here - no rain for nearly a year! SBM

Back safe and sound in the UK. Clark (Pampanga) in the Philippines produced a few things as I said before. Best for me as because they are endemic, and worth the trip, were Philippine Pygmy Woodpeckers. Here's one shot of two raking through the bark of a tree, Unfortunately its hand-held. SBM

Attachments

• Forum1.jpg
    Forum1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 92
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back