• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anything new for Icmeler? (1 Viewer)

Birdbox

staringin2thevoid
Does anyone have anything new on the Icmeler birding front?. Seems that most people lumbered here head for Dalyan. However I've "done" Dalyan and would rather base myself there if that's the best Icmeler can offer.

I'm off to Turunc in a few weeks and have been digging around the net for a few weeks, but so far have come up with very little other than on this forum.

Birds have just started arriving here on the Aegean ,so I presume it will be similar further along the coast, over the weekend the Marsh,Curlew and Wood sands and Little stint arrived along with some Flamingo and Garganey,first Sardinian came back on my patch on Monday,swallows and martins still here as are the Lesser kestrel and Eleonora's.
Beeaters still seem to be busy as well.Hope you have a good time in Icmeler.

Almost forgot about this, but from memory ~

So we were staying in Turunc, the next bay along from Icmeler and altogether far more sedate! Best birds seen in and around the village were Western Rock Nuthatch, Ruppell's Warbler, Long-legged Buzzard and Booted Eagle, with Slender-Billed Gull seen offshore on a boat trip. The woods were full of Jays, Collared Doves Great Tits and not a lot else apart from a Sombre Tit. Vast numbers of Chaffinches around the old market site early in the morning, White Wagtails and plenty of House Sparrows, Red-Rumped Swallow, Swifts and House Martins. No shrikes, rollers or bee-eaters during last week July / 1st week August.

After a few days of trying hard and feeling I'd flogged the village as hard as possible I made a couple of trips by taxi / dolmus towards Icmeler, disembarking at the last turn left (from Turunc; first turn right from Icmeler) before the descent into Icmeler. This was a lucky choice, as the glades very close to the road here turned up most of my target birds, including Kruper's Nuthatch, Syrian and Middle-Spotted Woodpeckers, and more Sombre Tits.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back