• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone give me some info on Attenborough Reserve? (1 Viewer)

carlj

Looking to visit during my jollies at beginning of July.

Anyone give me some info on general wildlife, ease of views, any hides etc. Any and all help much appreciated!

Carl

Hi Carl

Have you looked at the Opus article. There's quite a bit of info on this reserve, which should keep you busy till someone comes on who has more information for you

D

Didn't think to look there, Delia. Thanks for that!
Carl

Hi Carl

Attenborough is a good place to go although it can get quite busy during the weekends, the cafe there does some really nice food.

This web site is quite good for info in regards to whats going on around the Notts area http://www.nottsbirders.net/

I have had my best ever view of a Bittern there last winter with one pearching above the reeds for 30min, and was still there when I left.

When walking around the site it can be worth doing the cut through path to the river rather than the main path. Tends to be a little more peaceful and you get good views across to the reed beds.

Enjoy your jollies

Tim.

Visited Attenborough briefly last weekend and it looks well worth another visit.
Lots of Common Terns,BH Gulls,Sedge and reed Warblers,Tufted Duck,Coot and Hundreds of Canada Geese,Wren,goldfinch,Sparrow,Dunnock,Pheasant and a Srawk carrying prey.
Lots of joggers and cyclists at the weekend,if you go down to the river look out for the Peacock that inhabits the area around the old cottage on stilts.

Well, thanks to British weather, have only Saturday free this week, and weather's not looking hopeful.

However, looking to book more leave in Autumn, so will make sure no-one's graduating, etc, and head off then.

Thanks for all the help though!

Carl

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back