• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Andamans December 2011 (1 Viewer)

wintibird

André Weiss
Opus Editor
I'm planning to visit the Andaman Islands in December 2011, most probably from 6. - 16. December. The main target will be all the islands endemics and the endemic subspecies (for future armchair ticks;)). Base would be Port Blair from where most sites can be covered by taxi, maybe two nights on Havelock Islands.
I'm intending to bird without guide as the species aren't really difficult to id (but tricky to find, therefore I'm planning enough time). Hotels would be somewhere in the middle segment, not to luxurious and not to cheap. The weather might still be a bit wet but it should be easily doable.

Afterwards I will meet my wife in Pondicherry (south of Chennai). I could give some advice for some more days around Chennai (like Pulicat Lake or Vedanthangal) or for a site for Yellow-throated Bulbul. Birding is in general quite easy and relaxed there.
Of course you could link the Andamans with any other Indian region as domestic flights are cheap and reliable these days. (like Gujarat for Hypocolius and Crab Plover or Kerala for the southern Indian endemics).

Anyone interested?

André

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back