• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice wanted Opticron Porro (1 Viewer)

pseaman

Now here in the UK we are allowed to wander a bit further for our birding I have started using my Imagic 10x50 porro bins again as they are great for scanning the moors but I seem to be having a spot of trouble focussing them. They have always been a bit tight especially in cold weather and a spray of teflon eased that but now they have a sticking point about 3/4 of the way through focusing making focussing very hard. The bins are only about 4 years but have been used quite a lot. Should I take them back to the shop, assuming it still exists or contact Opticron for advice or just replace them ? I chose them in the first place as with the extra light 10x let in they suited me as I suffer from Macular Degeneration and focussing can be a problem in normal conditions.

No point taking them back to the shop after 4 years - send them directly to Opticron for their attention and advice, with receipt and warranty card.

They are still well within their 30 year warranty so please send them back and we'll get them sorted out for you. More information on the repairs process is here:

Cheers, Pete
Thanks for that Pete, I'm coping at the moment, warm weather seems to ease the problem if that makes sense but as soon as we can get into the nearest p.o. I'll send them for a check up. I can use my 8x32 Countryman when I send them back but I will miss the reach of 10x

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back