• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A trip to Marston Vale today (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
hi there

We where so lucky to come across a lot of interesting birds today and they where easy to view through a Scope.

Two stood out in my mind :-O

Garganey Male and Female birds
Cetti's Warbler (only heard the singing, no luck with the bird itself)

The first birds that we where lucky to see was a male and female Garganey close to the Forest Centre building adjacent to the Car Parks. They seemed to be at ease standing, preening themselves, along beside some Mallards.
We where told that Garganey's are very skittish so we could only go so close to them before they would move on. As migrants I have to say it was an honour to see them any day.

A Cettiā€™s Warbler started to warble from a nearby bush. He was on one bush, then another bush was closeby to hear (but not see).
I was told they are one of the hardest birds to see and they are very aloof. They are not easy to spot at all. A lot of time was needed to see one of these birds.

We heard the Cetti's Warbler more than once on our journey around the Reserve.

A great plus to have on a bird lsit anyday.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back