• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Hampshire garden (1 Viewer)

Pops_uk

Hi all
A Hampshire garden, 30 m by 7m, small urban, almost at the edge of town, panelled fence down the left and back sides and on the right low chain link fence and courtesy of the neighbour shrubs and low trees, beyond the back some well established oaks and in the neighbours gardens a selection of conifers not a lot of low level cover but hope to address this next year.
And now the birds
In order of appearance from first light this morning
Wood Pigeon
Magpie
Collard Dove
Robin
Blue Tit
Green Finch
Starling
House Sparrow
Great Tit
Greater Spotted Woodpecker (just having a look to see what all the fuss is about)
Nut Hatch {my favourite)
Black Bird
Gold Finch with young (a rare visitor)
Just five feeders,
Feeding Sunflower seeds. Sunflower harts, Wild Bird Seed from Wilkinson) , Peanuts and water
Regards to you all Glyn
BTW looking at the stats, a lot of people read the post but not many of you post a reply, speaking for myself I realy would be interested in what is going on in your garden

Hi pops _uk
I have Goldfinch feeding in my garden in Norfolk for the first time this week. On sunflower hearts, though I have just started offering Niger seed. Di d have a flock of 70 Goldfinch over yesterday so here is hoping!

burhinus

Garden visitors update

Just an update on our garden visitors
Coal Tit
Long tailed Tit
Chaffinch
Goldfinch now regular visitors (Niger seed)
Song Thrush
Dunnock
Green woodpecker
Bullfinch
Siskin
Sparrow hawk
Regards to all

I hope I inspired you to drop a line, its great to know whats coming into gardens and what feed is attracting them, I would love to get a nuthatch, but I'm far to far away from good woodland. I am still in eternal hope of Greenfinchs visiting. When I was growing up in Nottinghamshire we always got loads of Greenfinchs at our bird table in the 60's with none of the fancy feeds you can get today.

Keep the garden records coming

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back