• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where would duck fly a kite (1 Viewer)

Davyslocker

Hi!
This is very late, due to my needing to refind how to post.
Walked around the little nature reserve lake alongside the canal at Fradley Junction, 3pm 12thMarch. People with expensive cameras taking photos of Blue Tits at nesting boxes. Of the ducks slowly swimming away from being fed with bread, hey! that's not a female Malard, it's a Mandarin surely, as I had seen at Slimbridge. Back home to bird book - rather it had been a female Wood Duck. Escapee of course, but so what. Next time I went, noon on 3rd April, it was still there, so maybe still there now.

Walking back along drained Chasewater reservoir, from the heath/woodland northwest where I had gone to hear and see my first Willow Warblers of the year, a Buzzard circling noted for the day. Another: no, my first sighting any year in Staffordshire of a Red Kite, checking out the res. in a long glide little over 50ft up.

If this is successful, I'll pass on possibly interesting sightings Much earlier in future.
Dave

Good sightings there Dave, any news of birds you see on here is good news, this helps with the community spirit of the forum. Report your normal sighting on the Staffs thread, and anything rarer, such as the Red kite can be reported on the Rare and scarce.

Well done. Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back