• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Habicht 8x30 SLC (1 Viewer)

Rene1958

Hi I’m after some advise from those with knowledge about Swarovski binoculars. I have above mentioned binos. Excellent condition. Hardly ever used so looking to sell them. Can anyone tell me what the selling price approx should be before I post it here?
Many thanks
Rene de Heer

Attachments

• IMG_6290.jpeg
    IMG_6290.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6289.jpeg
    IMG_6289.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
Hi Rene, do you know the age of the binoculars? They look to be pre-"Neu" so perhaps C. 2000.
If you have the box and all accessories, and the optics are sound with no issues (fogging, alignment, wear) I'd say around €650 - €700 would be a fair price, if not, depending on issues, perhaps €450 as a bottom price.

I honestly can’t remember when I bought them. They have been lying in my bookcase in the cover for many moons. I only have the binoculars and the cover. There is a registration nr engraved as well if that helps? I just want to sell it so it gets some use . As a photographer I don’t really use binos. Although Dutch, i live in the UK.
Rene

If you take a photo of the serial number, it should be possible to age them. I'd say if they are optically sound, £450 - £550 would be about right.

Renee1958,
On the WEBsite of House of Outdoor you can find a test report of different 8x30 SLC's. Different, since with time the optical performance was improved as can be seen by the improvement of color reproduction and light transmission.
Gijs van Ginkel

Hi Rene,

In terms of dating, the serial number includes the date of manufacture - both the year and the week.

The Neu version (which has a later version of the rubber armour to that on yours), was introduced in 2005.
The earliest 8x30 Neu unit that I've seen is #D7506 94925.

To determine the year add 1930 to the first 2 digits (so 75 + 1930 = 2005),
and the next 2 digits indicate the week (with 06 being in February).

The serial number will allow you to assess your unit in relation to those included in Gijs' reviews.

- - - -
The 8x30 was the first of the SLC offerings and was introduced in 1985.
And production prior to September 1991 used different numbering patterns.

John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back