• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sigma Sports vs Sigma Contemp/Tamron (1 Viewer)

Finally got the lens out of the box this morning and mounted it on the camera. First impressions are its bloody heavy and built like a tank. Wont have a chance to use it until Friday probably - the weekend here - and then only for an hour or so first thing as its hitting 45 degrees here now by 10:00 am.
Had a play in the house tho, the AF seems very fast and as far as i can tell completely silent. Lots of switches to play with but fairly straightforward as far as I can see. Not sure about the USB dock or if i can even get one hear actually. Will be nice to try on some real life subjects first to see how it performs. Only got the 7D here at the moment to.
I've seen some super shots here with this lens so hoping to enjoy using it.

Managed to get a few Swallows in flight today with the Siggy C - mostly binners of course but that's the nature of trying for Swallows in-flight. I never did get near to a shot like this from the Tammy although to be fair I did not have the 7D2 then.

Attachments

• swallow in flight1.jpg
    swallow in flight1.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 357
Managed to get a few Swallows in flight today with the Siggy C - mostly binners of course but that's the nature of trying for Swallows in-flight. I never did get near to a shot like this from the Tammy although to be fair I did not have the 7D2 then.

That's good Roy - was that at the maximum zoom?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back