• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Product Review: Opticron Adventurer 8 x 32 T WP (1 Viewer)

Very nice -- thanks for sharing! Coincidentally I just bought a Celestron Ultima 8x32 -- which seems to be the exact same instrument just sold by a different brand -- for a measly 60€ (on sale on Amazon -- there was only one and when I had bought it the price went instantly up to 120€ but it was marked as "sold out" at the same time). Probably one of the best deals for a new binocular ever. I already have the Opticron 6.5x32 which is also great.
I can fully confirm your review! Great litte bino indeed. I wonder if one could attach lense hoods or maybe even filters to it, since the inside of the objectives is threaded.
edit: just checked and now it is at an even higher price but still marked "sold out".

Hello Philipp,

Many thanks indeed for the feedback. I wasn't aware that Celestron were offering another version of the Opticron Adventurer T WP.
It looks really nice, with good build quality.

I am very impressed with the focuser on the Opticron. It has just right' kinetic properties, very accurate and precise focusing without any play or backlash.

Not sure about attaching filters but it can't hurt to try.

This little Opticron has rekindled my interest in porro prism designs. They offer an altogether different viewing experience to roofs that I quite like.

Wishing you all the best with your little Ultima.

With best wishes,

Neil.

Another super little review Neil. Critical & technical enough without getting bogged-down in jargon & physics. The Opticron Adventurer T is currently going for £71 on Amazon UK.

Have you ever looked critically at the Opticron Travellers, 8x32/10x32?

RB

Thanks RB.

Alas I haven't looked at the Travellers but I hear they're great.

I'm going to take a break from roofs for a while and more fully explore a few more porros.

Best wishes,

Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back