• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oaxaca Professional Guide (1 Viewer)

Hi,

Does anyone know a professional guide in Oaxaca that they can recommend? My 13 year old son and I are looking for international trip ideas and I heard great things about Oaxaca. We want to do this as safely as possible so are willing to pay a premium to have a guide with us at all times. Looking at a 7 night trip sometime after Xmas this year.

Thanks!

I've travelled twice with Eric - Oaxaca and elsewhere in S Mexico - and recommend him without reservation and on every level.
Appreciate it the suggestion! How is birding in Oaxaca? I'll be traveling with my son so safety is really high on the priority list. We also prefer to stay in nicer lodges/hotels/BnBs with good food... is that doable in Oaxaca? We've only done one international birding trip and that was to Costa Rica and we had a blast. The birding was incredible but all the other little side tours the guide booked for us was awesome as well. Trying to duplicate that trip in another country with different birds.

Oaxaca is amazing and has arguably the best food on earth, and no shortage of options for lodging at just about any budget, at least in most areas. Eric’s a great guy and will be able to sort out anything you should prefer, I imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back