• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Vanc Island (1 Viewer)

mickster1978

I am heading over to Canada in September and will be spending some time up in North Vancouver Island.

I have a few days grizzlie watching (hopefully!!).

We are getting the ferry over to Nainamo and will be heading up towards telegraph cove/ Port McNeil.

I wondered if there are any easy birding sites on that kind of route that I should stop at?

Or if anyone knows of any good sites further north around port mcneil/ telegraph cove, that would be great!
Thanks all,
Mike

Hi Mike. I've got a book about birding in Western Canada. I'll try and dig it out to see if it gives any decent suggestions. You may also want to try the Nanaimo Bird Report thread as I think they put the locations of sightings on as well.

Rich

Finally dug out the book Mike and apologies but there are no VI sites in it. Perhaps some Canadian BF members can help you out.

Rich

East central Vancouver Island birding spots

Hi Mike,

You can check out the following for locations of bird walks from Cedar to Deep Bay. Plus I post the Nanaimo bird report on this site each week. You are welcome to join us on the bird walks this September.

THE BACKYARD WILDBIRD & NATURE STORE
6314 Metral Drive
Nanaimo B.C.
V9T-2L8
Phone: 250-390-3669
Fax: 250-390-1633
Email: [email protected]
Blog: www.thebirdstore.blogspot.com

Good birding!
Neil Robins
Parksville
British Columbia

Thanks fior the responses folks.

I have been volunteering at the olympics so have been out of the loop a little!

Neil, I dont know if there is likely to be a walk on the 16th Sept???

Bird walk September 16

Yes there will be a walk on September 16, Looking forward to seeing you then.

Have a good trip!
Neil Robins

Thanks fior the responses folks.

I have been volunteering at the olympics so have been out of the loop a little!

Neil, I dont know if there is likely to be a walk on the 16th Sept???

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back