• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Introducing BirdingJohn (2 Viewers)

BirdingJohn

Netherlands
Hi there members of BF,
As you may well have guessed my name is John and I am a novice to birding.
I am living in the Netherlands in the city of Eindhoven.
I have visited the forum as a guest numerous times before and wanted to introduce myself.
I have a Bushnell Trophy 8x32 for quite some time and since two weeks upgraded my ‘collection’ with a Leica Ultravid 8x50 (the non-HD) which I stumbled upon on the net and I could purchase for a very good price. I looked through it and compared it to the Bushnell and was blown away by the way it rendered a completely different image with colours just vibrant and well defined.
As I wasn’t sure of my capacity of judging the binoculars I went to Jan van Daalen of House of Outdoors in Maarssen who reassured me I had done a very good catch.
Now I am sitting in my backyard and watching the common chiffchaf coming to and fro my neighbours windows to eat some of the insects .
ATB John

Attachments

• IMG_6441.png
    IMG_6441.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 3D422D90-A67D-45D0-99AF-3E2C2EA1625A.jpeg
    3D422D90-A67D-45D0-99AF-3E2C2EA1625A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Hi John and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hi John and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back