• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Houghton Green Flash....Specific advice/help reqired asap (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
First an update.
United Utilities have agreed a meeting 10th June. There will be 4 of thier "experts" in attendance.

What I need is specific data re' bird species/numbers in recent years.

One BF member has kindly arranged for a conservation officer for RSPB to contact me next week and that could be a really good help.

I am also in contact with a member of "Manchester Birders" who certainly has more knowledge than me (which isn't difficult......before someone else says it:-O )

So.........
does anyone have such data?
Does anyone know someone who does?
I am relatively new to bird watching so although I live locally I dont have the knowldege so any help or pointers would be much appreciated

So.........
does anyone have such data?
Does anyone know someone who does?
I am relatively new to bird watching so although I live locally I dont have the knowldege so any help or pointers would be much appreciated

Try this link and send an email to Geoff listed on that page. He administers the CAWOS database and should be able to pull all the data relating to the site that CAWOS holds.

http://www.cawos.org/submissionofrecords.htm

hope this helps!

First an update.
United Utilities have agreed a meeting 10th June. There will be 4 of thier "experts" in attendance.

What time of day is the meeting?

CB

Last edited:
If you're having problems joining the forums on thevManchester Birding website, try contacting the site owner - his details are on the website (not the forum bit). I use the site a lot and haven't heard of any issues with people joining before so maybe a bug he's not aware of. There's at least one birder on there who used to visit Houghton Green pool a lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back