• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help me ID a bird by sound (1 Viewer)

Gannicus

Hello, I hear this bird today in Bucharest, Romania, could anyone please help me identify which bird? I hear it every day but I can't manage to see it to confirm. Apologies for the sound quality, it's raining and there's car traffic too.

Attachments

• Bird.mp3
    429.2 KB
Hello,

yes I hope that you can obtain a better recording with less distracting background (no offence you know, and hopefully someone can ID your bird).

But although it might be in the wrong habitat (? Can you describe it please), a Cirl Bunting might well worth considering.

Or a Lesser Whitethroat (although too fast and not "dahinplätschernd" enough, "splash along" says google) or even a very distorted Black Redstart???

The original file seems better for a Cirl Bunting, while Richies -Thanks!- seems slightly better for a Lesser Whitethroat or a Black Redstart or a Chaffinch (didnt hear that in the original, Thanks again Richie!)

Thank you very much guys, today I got both a clearer sound, as it came closer to my window, and some pictures, and it looks and sounds like a Lesser Whitethroat indeed, Curruca curruca. I am glad that they came on my street, this is the first year I see them and hear them around here.

Attachments

• curruca.mp3
    384.2 KB
  • lw.jpg
    lw.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back