• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Descriptions of all fossil Passerimorphae (1 Viewer)

[...]

Genus Querandiornis Rusconi, 1958

Querandiornis romani Rusconi, 1958
Carlos Rusconi, 1958
Ave Fósil del Plioceno de Buenos Aires
Revista del Museo del Historia Natural de Mendoza 11: 157-160
I don't have the paper and can't find it on line, so help is needed

[...]
Fred, first, a tiny remark, I think the reference ought to be:
• Rusconi, C. 1958. Ave fósil del Plioceno de Buenos Aires. Revista del Museo de Historia Natural de Mendoza, 11 (No. 1–4): pp.157–160.

However, the only digitized version of it, that I can find, is this one (though only in Google Snippet view/s), where we find "Querandiornis Romani n. g. n. sp."), on p.157. Also see here (for the Title itself, on the very same page).

That it ought to be the correct issue/title is also verified here.

But, ... to my surprise I've also found this taxon quoted as being published (possibly again/twice, or as a separate piece?), as of/in:
"Rusconi, C., 1958. Ave fosil del Plioceno de Buenos Aires. Revista Museo Historia Natural 21: pp.1–3."

Which one was the very first one ... I simply don't know.

More info on the Author (Auctor) himself = here (incl. one of the Plates from the OD). All in Spanish.

Hopefully of some help/use?

Björn

Insert after Menura tyawanoides Boles, 1995

Infraorder CLIMACTERIDES Cracraft,2014
Family PTILONORHYNCHIDAE Gray,1841
Genus Sericuloides Nguyen, 2023
Jacqueline M. T. Nguyen, 2023
The earliest record of bowerbirds (Passeriformes, Ptilonorhynchidae) from the Oligo-Miocene of northern Australia
Alcheringa: An Australasian Journal of Palaeontology Latest Articles
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/03115518.2023.2180537

Sericuloides marynguyenae Nguyen, 2023
Jacqueline M. T. Nguyen, 2023
The earliest record of bowerbirds (Passeriformes, Ptilonorhynchidae) from the Oligo-Miocene of northern Australia
Alcheringa: An Australasian Journal of Palaeontology Latest Articles
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/03115518.2023.2180537

Fred

Transfer Corvus fangshannus Hou, 1993 as a junior synonym of Corvus corax Linnaeus, 1758 to Corvus corax Linnaeus, 1758 and change the date of the authorship to Hou, 1982.
Thomas A. Stidham, Jingmai K. O’Connor & Zhiheng Li, 2023
The Pleistocene Zhoukoudian ‘Peking Man’ site records the first Beijing (China) evidence of the Northern Raven (Corvus corax)
Journal of Ornithology
See attachment 1

Fred

Attachments

• Stidham et al. (2023) Corvus fangshannus reevaluation.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back