• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cannock Chase Nightjars????? (1 Viewer)

PaulAshton

I'm told Cannock Chase is very good for Nightjars..

Can anyone recommend part of the chase where I'd stand a chance of seeing or hearing Nightjars????

As the sun sets.. where should I be standing?

Hi Paul

Other people will tell you of sites I haven't used, especially around Sherbrook Valley area, but the place I always go to is located where this link takes you.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&dn=691

If you know where Seven Springs car park is then the track you have to go on leads away from there.

Where the arrow on the map is denotes a track that you walk up. About 150 to 200 yards up there just stop and listen. They will appear above your head at this point.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back