• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Airport Transfer in Sao paulo ? (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hello,

I will travel to northern Argentina.
Go back from Iguazu to Sao Paulo.
How is the transfer from domestic flight to international flight ?
Is there different airports in Sa Paulo far away from each other ?

Best regards
Dieter

I lived in São Paulo until 2007, so I can share some tips about that: I undertsand you'll be arriving from Foz do Iguaçu to Congonhas airport (located southern of the city) and have connection flight from Guarulhos (northeast end) abroad. Well, there are in fact tranfers between them. The most convenient and known is maybe 'Airport Bus Service', with buses going every 30 min to and from. The distance between the airports is roughly 40 km, but depending on the time it can take pretty long because of the hard traffic. Allow at least 2:00 h for the trip plus time to get your luggage from the belt and buy the ticket.
Another alternative would be just to take a taxi for approx. R$ 100~150,- Red "executive" taxis have fix fares and are the best choice. You can pay it in advance at the airport counter, thus avoiding 'audacious' drivers.
One last piece of advice: try to make your luggage as discrete as possible. No telescopes, cameras or whatever should be visible, especially in Congonhas where there are far more curious eyes than you'd like.

One more alternative would be to just get a connection from Iguaçu direct to Guarulhos. At least Gol and Tam, the local companies, have such. It usually costs a little bit more than Congonhas and the flight frequency less convenient, but it'll save you a headache and time in the end of the day.

Hello Willito,

somehow I can not find any flight from Iguazu to Sao Paulo.
I tried the 24. and 25.11

Best regards
Dieter

I don't think there are flights from Iguazu to SP, Rio or any other Brazilian city. You have to go from the Argentinian side to the nearby Brazilian city of Foz do Iguaçu [airport code IGU ], taxi or bus should do it, make sure you have a Brazilian entry visa if required for your country of origin. Both TAM and GOL have direct flights as well as flights with one stop from Foz to São Paulo - GRU [GRU is the airport code for the Guarulhos airport].

Dalcio

Hello Dalcio,

thank You for the advice.

I did the flight how You recommended from Foz de Iguazu in Brasil to Sao Paulo international airport ( there are also flight to domestic airport but then a transfer is needed ).

In Foz the Iguazu I sleeped in Iguazu Resort.
This is ocated between the town an airport.
Only 5 km to airport and 7 km to national park.

This is a very good hotel for golf players.
But a the day is a lot of work, because they still create now buildings.
So the reduced the price.

How noice they are, I do not know, because at the day I was in the national park.

Best regards
Dieter

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back